Day Six, June 1




 


 

 I was awoken by people talking at the top of their lungs in the hallway at 5 AM this morning. You would think they would be more considerate of people sleeping, wouldn’t you? I was awake for about an hour, but then I drifted off to sleep again and slept in until about 9 o’clock.

I attempted to use this handicapped shower. I love the toilet. The toilet is very convenient, but the shower is something else. It was very awkward to try and wash my hair with the handheld thingy. I tried it sitting on the bench and that didn’t work very well. So then I tried propping myself up against the wall and I managed that way. But as I suspected there was water all over the bathroom floor. I had to use the bath towels to mop it up. 

I didn’t leave the room until around 11:30. I have been concerned about my UTI and my antibiotics ran out on Thursday. A board member had suggested a type of medicine I could buy at Walgreens. So I walked across the street to the Walgreens across from Mirage and found that medicine and hopefully if I take it my UTI won’t come roaring back before I get home. Or maybe it won’t come back at all.  Maybe I’ll be really lucky. 

I know everyone on the sidewalk hates me when I am trying to walk anywhere.  I am so slow. I staggered over to Harrah’s and went to their Fulton Street food hall and bought a yogurt parfait and a fruit cup and had that for my lunch. 

Then I grabbed an Uber down to Mandalay Bay. I haven’t been there in many years.  Was it always this dark?  I love the light though.  They are so sparkly.  

I got to Mandalay around one. I played about 15 different machines in Mandalay Bay, but I couldn’t really get anything going. They mostly just hoovered up my funds. I spent the afternoon there because we were going to the Michael Jackson One show that night. And also, I wanted to give MGM some play so they’ll continue to offer me the occasional free room.

Michael and Terin joined me around 630 and we went into the show and we all absolutely loved it. It was fantastic. It’s I love it as much as I love LOVE. I would see this one again for sure.

After the show I get grabbed yet another Uber back to Mirage and went to Snacks again and got some chicken fingers and fries for my dinner since  I hadn’t had any.  Really wish they would give you half the food for half the money.









No comments:

Day 8 of my Fall 2024 Vegas trip report October 14

  Monday Mike and Terin left this morning.  It makes me sad.  I know I will see them in five days but it was fun having them around. The mai...