Day 9, June 4

 I was up and about at  8 AM this morning. One of my LasVegas4ever board members whose name is Lipgloss on the board (Helen in real life) contacted me and asked if she could take me to lunch today. I  said yes and we agreed to meet here at the Plaza at 12:30 pm . When she arrived we decided the easiest thing do to was just to have lunch at Hash House a GoGo that we were standing in front of. We got a table right away. I ordered what I have every single time I go to Hash House which is their chicken and waffles. I love them so much and they are such a ridiculous amount of food it feeds me both lunch and dinner.  Helen had a chicken sandwich and some fries. We had a lovely chat and got to know each other again. We have met before on other trips. We realized that on Sunday when the kids and I were eating at the Eiffel Tower restaurant she was directly across the way from us eating on the Spago patio. We were looking at each other and didn’t realize it.

I was happy to hear she shares my frustrations in using Ubers and Lyfts.  Neither of us know one kind of car from another and we hate how the license plates are not on the front of the cars!  You have to scamper into traffic to try and figure out which car is yours.

Then we walked down Fremont and she caught the deuce back down to her hotel and I continued on to the D. I had a Las Vegas advisor coupon that I wanted to use.   I played the sparkly firecracker slot and four different MoMummy machines but they weren’t being generous.  My last machine was the Hot Pots thing and I had some fun bonuses on that.  I didn’t come out ahead today but I want to keep the rooms comps coming from the D in case I need them. Staggered back to the Plaza. There was a scary looking drunk guy staggering at the same pace I was.  I couldn’t seem to lose him.  I finally just stopped completely until he disappeared in the distance.I stopped at the ABC store and bought some fruit.  I am not getting much in the way of fruit and/or vegetables. 

So I am back in the room at 6 pm.  If I was ambitious I would probably go out again later, but I am not, so that probably won’t happen.




No comments:

Day 8 of my Fall 2024 Vegas trip report October 14

  Monday Mike and Terin left this morning.  It makes me sad.  I know I will see them in five days but it was fun having them around. The mai...