Day 10, June 5

 I have been posting links to my trip report in various places. One of them being the Facebook group and another one being my personal Facebook page. But Meta has decided that I am doing something naughty by putting it on my own page. Don’t ask me why. I don’t understand it.  It’s weird. 

I showered this morning.  It was much easier to shower here than in the accessible shower.  I like that the Plaza gives you rubber non slip mats to use.


I contemplated going down to the pool. I saw lots of children.  Ew.  Maybe not.

Didn’t leave the room until noon today. I’m still eating leftover chicken and waffles. I have been thinking about trying to stay one more day. The Plaza is having a celebration about the Carousel bar being in place for one year. And they’re going to broadcast their podcast from the Carousel bar on Friday afternoon and also Friday night they’re having their weekly fireworks.  I was disappointed that I had booked my rooms before I knew all that was happening. So I went down and asked them if I could stay one more night and they said I could but I’m gonna have to pay for it sadly. They said I should ask a host just before I leave and see if they’ll take the charge off but even if they won’t, I do wanna stay one more night. 

I  had to rebook my flight, of course, and that’s always a pain in the butt and I have to try and get in touch with the dude that’s supposed to pick me up and drive me home from the Detroit airport. I haven’t succeeded in doing that yet.  I will try again tomorrow.  I’m happy I’m staying. 

After I got that figured out, I went to play at the Plaza. Someone had the audacity to be on my favourite Game King machine so I decided to try Helen’s game Huff and Even More Puff. It didn’t like me.  Then I went and played that Hot Pot thing and it gave me a little bit of a bonus. Eventually the fellow that was on my machine left and so I went back and played Bonus Deuces Wild. I didn’t get any big hands today. I took a bit of a break at five and then amazingly enough I went BACK OUT at 6 PM. (I never do that anymore) I just wanted to go across the street to Circa because I had a little bit of freeplay there. I wanted to see if their MoMummy machines were nicer than the ones at the Plaza . I found some, but they weren’t being generous. And then I went and played on the Willy Wonka Gabsmackers or whatever it’s called and that wasn’t generous either. My final game was Bank Buster and that was the only slot that was being even remotely nice to me today.

The Plaza gives you so much money a day for food and so I got a Subway sandwich for my dinner tonight and I am in the room now for good at 7:30. 

I’m such a party animal.










No comments:

Day 8 of my Fall 2024 Vegas trip report October 14

  Monday Mike and Terin left this morning.  It makes me sad.  I know I will see them in five days but it was fun having them around. The mai...