No Vegas Trip for You!

Is there anything more depressing than not being able to plan a Vegas trip when you want to? I think for us Vegas addicts there isn't. Every Spring for the last decade I have a enjoyed a Vegas vacation. Normally by this time I would have already purchased my plane tickets and have my rooms all booked. Usually I would be entering the exciting "What am I going to do" phase and be considering day trips, tours and shows.




This Spring I am unable to do any of that.  My daughter is having regular gall bladder attacks and is scheduled for surgery in May. My father in law is declining and we are trying to convince him that it would be a good idea for him to not live alone anymore.  And due to circumstances beyond my control my saving account is lower than usual.

Another sad by-product of not being able to visit Vegas is that I have no material to write about. I love writing stories of my adventures for VegasBright.com.  No trip=nothing to write about.


Possibly after the dust has settled in June I might be able to sneak one in. I swore off going to Vegas in the summer months many years ago due to the weather being somewhat similar to a blast furnace. I am not a big fan of gasping for air as soon as I step outside.  However, a hot trip might be better than no trip.


I might be able to swing airfare and I know I could get a free room, but then what? My gambling bankroll has been steadily declining over the years. If I do go on this summer trip it would be infinitesimal. Doing a Vegas trip with a teeny weeny bankroll might totally wreck my ability to get comped rooms for next time, and then where would I be?  At home, that is where.


I know I would still enjoy a skimpy trip simply because I love being away from home for a break; no cooking, no cleaning, no laundry makes me a happy lady.  I stay predominantly downtown where the comped accommodations are easier to come by. I have some inexpensive activities in mind that would be interesting yet not break the bank. The Clark Country museum has a $2 entry fee. I could do that day trip to Laughlin again, I loved than $10 boat tour! 


Eating does not usually cost me much. I don't care if I am eating at the "cheapest of the cheap" dining establishments as long as I am in Vegas. The downtown area is better for eating economically too.





I know that 5 cent video poker definitely does not have the same thrill as 25 cent, and yet I still enjoy sipping my adult beverage and drinking in the Vegas ambiance. Maybe if I forced myself to do other activities during the day and only allowed myself to gamble at night that would help me economize.


I guess you will just have to "stay tuned" to see what happens.  If I am able to book a summer trip you can expect an annoying flurry of posts from me!




No comments:

Christmas Alone

I imagine when you look at this title you might think this is going to be a sad and depressing story. On the contrary, I want to express how...