Day 12, June 7, the Final Day





 When my son and his girlfriend were leaving on Monday I considered leaving at that point too. I was concerned about whether my UTI would come back, but it seems like the medicine I bought at Walgreens kept it away, which is awesome. But I’m really happy I did my Plaza stay because I love this place so much. These Luxe rooms are so comfortable. I could live here forever. I know some people complain about noise from the trains, but I don’t hear anything at all because I always have the AC going and all you hear is the hum from the AC. 

One of the main reasons that I extended my trip by a day was to watch the Plaza staff broadcast the podcast of On the Corner of Main Street from the Carousel Bar outside of the Plaza.  It ran from three until five, but they cut it off a little early because of the heat. Before they began I got to say hello to Scott Roeben.  I am always happy to see him if only for a minute.

They had Brian Christopher, Scott Roeben and the fellow who runs Pinkbox donuts. It was toasty hot obviously but still I enjoyed it.  Jonathan saw me in the hallway and came over and gave me a hug. He is so kind. I’m surprised he still recognizes me as he hasn’t seen me in such a long time. He also said hello to me when the podcast started and he also asked me to come up and ask a question. Actually I gave criticism because I asked him why there wasn’t more of those rewards kiosks. There’s only one and there’s a giant lineup at it all the time, but apparently there’s more coming at the end of July so that’s good news.  When they were finished I came into the Plaza and went to play VP for about two hours. No big hands this time. 
While I was sitting there playing a woman went by who had the most enormous breasts I’ve ever seen in my life. She had a man with her, and they sat down to play, and I noticed that one of the male Plaza staff stood behind them, staring at her chest. I couldn’t see his face so I wouldn’t be able to recognize him, but he was a fairly small man. I couldn’t believe that he was just standing there staring at her and finally she noticed him and he had the audacity to ask her if her breasts were real! I don’t think that’s very professional thing for a Plaza staff person to do, but they didn’t seem to be offended. They all laughed. I’m sorry, I didn’t hear the answer to whether or not they were real, but they were astonishing. 
At around 7 o’clock I came up to the room and ate the rest of my Just Rice from lunch and then I waited until it was almost time for the fireworks and went down to the pool deck. I could actually see the fireworks from my room because my room is facing that way, but the pool deck is a better view.  Unfortunately they had a DJ blaring tunes the entire time.  It was the kind of music my kids used to listen to like “You’all gonna make me lose my mind, up in here, up in here” and “ Turn down for what” etc.  Not my kind of music but it would have been tolerable if it hadn’t been being blasted at ten thousand decibels.  Luckily I had earplugs.  I got some video of the fireworks but I missed the finale.  I loved when they played Katy Perry’s Firework to the fireworks.

It was a bit if a struggle to get back to my room but I made it. Currently packing up and flying home tomorrow.  Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.

I am really happy I spent this week at the Plaza.  I know I have said it before but it is feels like a second home. 








The fireworks 









No comments:

Day 8 of my Fall 2024 Vegas trip report October 14

  Monday Mike and Terin left this morning.  It makes me sad.  I know I will see them in five days but it was fun having them around. The mai...