Is This a Really Dumb Time to be Visiting Vegas? Chapter 6 Sunday October 8

 


I woke at 6 am this morning after falling to sleep around 11 pm the night before so I had a decent sleep. I went downstairs at 9 to locate some coffee. The line up at Snacks wasn’t as horrible as usual so I stopped there. I ordered a yogurt parfait, a muffin and a small coffee.  When they presented me with my purchases I had a large orange juice and and enormous latte.  I told them I hadn’t ordered those and they said “they are yours if you want them”.  So score!  I have never had a latte before but it was good. Just a milky, frothy coffee.  I had to sweeten it myself.

Then I went over to the video poker corner to amuse myself for awhile.  It is probably the quietest corner in this place.  I didn’t come out ahead sadly.  I came back to the room at noon to just chill and put my feet up and rest before the day’s adventures.

 At 4 pm I met Mike and Terin at Zak Bagan’s Haunted Museum to do the RIP tour.   It was very different.  I have never been to anything quite like that before.  I spent a lot of time wishing there was more light in the building so that I could read the plaques and observe the artifacts more carefully.  My favourite room was the serial killer room that had mementos from Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, Manson and the like. Of course there is no way for us to know if those articles are really former belongings of these people, but it was interesting.  There were certain things I couldn’t do like go down into the basement or go upstairs but they gave me an IPad that showed me what the others were seeing on the second floor.  The tour was over two hours long.  I was happy I had my walker to perch on at times.  We RIP people were given Tshirts and neck lanyards and some extra rooms to tour.  Hopefully no evil spirits followed us home!

It was almost dark when we got outside.  We Ubered back to the Linq with the intention of going to Guy Fieri’s but there was a 45 minute wait.  I caught a glimpse of the Sphere as we drove down the Strip.  The kids have been able to see it from Flamingo.  We ended walking all the way down the Promenade to Yard House.   I really like that place. It has such a wide assortment of food.  I had macaroni and cheese with chicken in it.  Mike had Cobb salad with chicken and Terin had Jambalaya.   I was so tired and hungry I forgot to take pictures of it!  Gasp.  I am enclosing a picture of our bill. The prices aren’t bad in my opinion.  I also included Mike’s bill from their visit to Ocean One. He liked that place.

Then I had to say goodby to Mike and Terin because they are flying home in the morning. They did four escape rooms on their trip! And they escaped them all!  I am switching hotels to the Plaza tomorrow.

  I staggered back to the Mirage after saying our goodbyes.  I played for awhile but I shouldn’t have.  I was too tired to enjoy it and just lost. Finally I gave up at 11 and went upstairs to bed.
Pictures are from Zaks Bagans.











No comments:

Christmas Alone

I imagine when you look at this title you might think this is going to be a sad and depressing story. On the contrary, I want to express how...