Is This a Really Dumb Time to be Visiting Las Vegas? Chapter 9 Wednesday October 11

 


Today turned out to be a really fun day!

I woke up around 8 but didn’t leave the room till 11 am.  When you check in to the Plaza they hand you an information sheet that says if you want your room made up you just have to call housekeeping and ask.  I did that as I was leaving my room but they said they weren’t doing that but they would bring me whatever I needed.  I mean that is fine.  As long as I don’t run out of toilet paper I am good, but I just found that rather odd.
Breakfast was a Big Mac and a senior coffee for 6 bucks.   I know, I know, I am so boring.

I decided to play for a bit on the slots here at the Plaza. The ONLY one I managed to stay alive on for awhile was the Carribean Dollar Storm.  I quit at 1 pm and decided to save the rest of my bankroll for later.
I was supposed to meet a board friend and his wife for bingo but Plaza is having an enormous bingo tournament here this weekend so that wasn’t possible.

Around 2 pm I received a message from LininNJ. She was at my favourite corner in Binion’s.  I walked over to meet her and we had the most fascinating conversation for about two hours. I could have talked to her all day.
I was meeting another Vegas friend named Judi for dinner at Bacon Nation so I walked over to the D.  While I was waiting for Judi to appear Crystal aka VegasBebe called my name and came over to say hi.  Delightful young lady!   
Judi and I proceeded into the restaurant and had a great time getting to know one another.  
Three new friends in one day!  Am I lucky or what?

A lot of conversations we had tonight centred around how we miss the Vegas we knew and loved. the Vegas that catered to gamblers.  The Fremont Street Experience where I knew every song and when it would be played.   Sigh.

After we were done eating I decided to stay and give the D some play.  Once again their firecracker games gave me lots of action.  I put $200  in and had it up to $400 several times but kept on playing.  I wound  up cashing out even so that makes me relatively happy.
Walked back to the Plaza at 9 pm through the insane crowd.  Saw the dude who dresses like Marilyn and the crazy twirling lady.  Then I just came up to the room for the night.

LininNJ and I
What is up with Vegas Vic?   He is all burnt out again!!!!
My humidifier because I am having nosebleeds again.







No comments:

Christmas Alone

I imagine when you look at this title you might think this is going to be a sad and depressing story. On the contrary, I want to express how...