Is This a Really Dumb Time to be Visiting Vegas? Chapter 8 Tuesday October 10

 


Woke up around 7 am today and took my time getting ready.  I was meeting a board member, Ralph and his lovely wife Ruth for breakfast/lunch.  The plan was to go to Hash House but it was packed and the wait was an hour.  So we just went to McDonald’s because at least we could get a table there. We had a nice long conversation despite there being music that was too loud for an eating area.  Honest to God, almost every place in this city has their music cranked too loud.

After we parted ways I wanted to use some free play I had.  I could use it at the D, Golden Gate or Circa.  I chose Circa because it was close and has a little devil machine I like in it but it just gobbled up my free play in short order with very little play time.  Disappointing.  I need to stay away from there. I never win anything in Circa.  

Next I went over Binion’s and got a scoop of frozen custard from the snack bar  ($3.50) and settled into those quiet VP machines there.  I swear this is the only place in town where I like the music.  I got a few decent hands.  I was able to play two hours on my hundred dollars.

I was falling asleep on the machine so I came back to the Plaza and laid down for awhile.  Went back downstairs to play at 5 pm.  I tried a few slots but I wasn’t getting any play time. The machines were just sucking up my money lickety split.  I went back to video poker and played for two hours.  No Deuces today.  Sob.

Apparently George Clooney was wandering around downtown today.  These are not my pictures. Unfortunately I did not spot him.








No comments:

Christmas Alone

I imagine when you look at this title you might think this is going to be a sad and depressing story. On the contrary, I want to express how...