Is This a Really Dumb Time to be Visiting Vegas? Final chapter. October 14

 Today was my last full day in Vegas.  Always a bittersweet day,  I am sad to leave but I want to be home.  Does that make sense?

It was pleasant spending this last week downtown so I didn’t have to observe the F1 mess.  I must congratulate the Plaza on their success with both the Carousel bar and the PinkBox doughnut place. I have been here a week and both places seem to be busy all the time.  I am also happy that the Carousel bar didn’t destroy the look of the Plaza’s gorgeous porte cochere, it adds to it.  It looks like it has always been there.

I spent the morning writing my trip report so I got a slow start as usual.   What to do on my last day?  I have comped food in three places but I can’t leave without having a meal at Binion’s.  I wanted to try Whiskey Licker Up but it looked packed so I just went to the coffee shop as usual.  I enjoyed the Gridiron breakfast.  ( whatever a gridiron is). It was excellent as always.  
I went to to my quiet corner to play a bit.  My VP machine ate my hundred quickly today.   I wandered through the rest of Binion’s and Four Queens looking for something I wanted to play.  Everywhere was so busy and soooo noisy that I gave up and came “ home”.   The Four Queens elevator is still broken….grrr.  No Magnolia’s visits for me this trip.

 I went back to my favourite VP machine at the Plaza and had luck there again.  I might have stayed longer but between the screaming dudes at the craps game, the annoying girl’s voice screaming “Press the BUTTON!” and music from the Heidi and Hannah slot,  I had had it.  Even though I was wearing earplugs it was just too much.  I am over the noise.
I went to the desk to tell them I was leaving in the morning and to check my bill.
Came upstairs at 7 pm and started packing up.
I plan to leave the hotel by 9 am.
So another Vegas vacation is in the books.
This was a great one!
I did some new things, some familiar ones, met tons people, and had a bit of luck here and there.  I really enjoy watching my son and his girlfriend have fun here. So hopefully I will be back again next spring.  Fingers crossed.

I wish I could find VP like this in Windsor!

My breakfast 


The broken elevator at the Four Queens 




No comments:

Christmas Alone

I imagine when you look at this title you might think this is going to be a sad and depressing story. On the contrary, I want to express how...