Is This a Really Dumb Time to be Visiting Vegas? Chapter 11 on Friday the 13

 


I did my usual slow moving morning,  showered and got presentable.  I had been messaging with LasVegas4ever board member, Michael Arnold. He and his wife Sheila were coming to meet me this morning. As usual we couldn’t find any place to sit in the food court, so we ended up sitting in the Mexican restaurant’s eating area because the restaurant wasn’t open yet. It opened while we were sitting there talking and I expected them to throw us out but they didn’t thank goodness. So we had a lovely chat about them buying their new home here in Vegas and other things.  Then Sheila went to play bingo and I decided to play video poker with Michael while we waited. Here’s a picture of one of Michael’s good hands and I managed to get the Deuces again this morning. Yay!!!
After Sheila was done at the bingo Mike and Sheila continued on with their day and I went in search of a meal. They had showed me the Plaza kiosks and amazingly enough I had three $25 coupons for free food. So I decided to use one of them at Pop Up Pizza because I hadn’t had any of their pizza this trip.  I like it, I don’t love it, but it’s good. I got three slices and a drink for the $25.  Enough for several meals.

I brought that back up to my room to eat and took a bit of a rest. Then at 4 o’clock I got ready and took an Uber over to El Cortez to meet up with the gang doing GrannyFest. This is a meet up run by Gambling Granny of mainly YouTube slot channels.  I had run into Granny and her husband Dice at the Mac Bridger slot pull and they were kind enough to give me a ticket and so I thought I would go down and see what it was all about. I got to meet a bunch of new people which is always fun, but it was quite a large crowd and many slot channels that I was not familiar with. I was excited to to meet Coco, who is a lovely lady who has been following my travels for years.  I got Dice and a fellow named Dewder mixed up and now I can tell them apart, so that’s an accomplishment.  I got to spend more time with Denise Z which is always a joy.  I got to chat with Mindy and Tom again which was great.   I was the first one in to the meeting room  (which was a lovely room by the way) and I sat there for about 45 minutes.  I realized that I really wanted to go see the Grand Funk Railroad show that I had bought tickets for so I decided to leave before the show part of GrannyFest started. I had hoped to run into a few other people that said they would be present, but I really wanted to use those tickets and so I went out to the front of El Cortez and called an Uber and took it over to the Golden Nugget.  Took me quite a while to get the GN elevator to go up to the show room floor. It was kind of ridiculous because they wanted you to use your room key but if you weren’t staying at the Nugget obviously you didn’t have a room key! Eventually I was successful. I got seated in an accessible seat which was good for me because I could stretch my legs out. I had a very nice lady from Buffalo next to me and we were chatting about the crowd, lots of gray haired rockers for sure.  There was a dead ringer for Edgar Winter in the crowd.  I was shocked if I saw anybody that looked like they were under 50. As always I am annoyed by people who waltz in late to a show.  I swear they should just lock the theatre doors at showtime and if you aren’t there, TOO BAD! 

I was impressed with how good Grand Funk Railroad looked and sounded .They all looked healthy and sang well. The drummer reminded me of Baby Billy from the Righteous Gemstones TV show. And the bass guitarist reminded me of cousin IT , ha ha. I guess there is only a few songs of theirs that I truly loved. My favourite is Some Kind of Wonderful. 
At one point the lead singer was talking on stage and some rude AH yelled “ Stop talking and sing”.   People have no manners anymore. Another thing I noticed that I only saw one or two people with their phones out.  You could definitely tell it was an older crowd.  I hate when I go to a show at Caesars Windsor and there are hundreds of phones raised up blocking my view of the stage!

There was some kind of strange thing going on in the audience. There was a lady that looked to be in her 40s accompanied by two very elderly men on either side of her.  It seemed like she was with both of them. And she was canoodling with both of them lol. And at one point the theatre staff came over and reprimanded her but she didn’t have her phone in her hand or anything so I’m not sure what exactly they were yelling at her for. Possibly she was doing something objectionable with the two older men??? Strange.  But was interesting to watch. 
I was happy that I attended the show. I walked back out onto Fremont Street and enjoyed the glorious lights as usual. It is Friday night so it was packed and hard for me to navigate through the crowd with the walker, but I made it. 

When I got back to the Plaza I wasn’t ready for the night to end so I decided to go play for a while. Once again, I decided to try my beloved Wicked Winnings but they were not kind to me. The  fella next to me won $7500 on a two dollar bet so that was really fun to watch!  I gave up on WW and went back over to video poker and won back the money I just lost. I played until midnight! That’s the latest night I’ve had here this whole trip.. Thank goodness for Robaxacet. I would never make it through the trip without it!  Lol

Tomorrow is my last full day, sob. 
 I love it here but I am ready to go home.
The first picture is a hit Mike got.



 


Dice and Dewder.










No comments:

Christmas Alone

I imagine when you look at this title you might think this is going to be a sad and depressing story. On the contrary, I want to express how...