Is This a Really Dumb Time to Be Visiting Vegas? Chapter 5, Saturday, October 7

 Chapter 5, Saturday, October 7


I didn’t come back to my room until 11 pm last night and stayed up until 12:30 writing my trip report. Imagine my shock when I woke up this morning and checked the time.  8:30 AM!  Wow.

I couldn’t make up my mind what I wanted to do today.  I considered going to ROSS but I don’t really need anything.  Since Covid I have taken to ordering my clothes from online businesses with varying degrees of success.  My favourite company is one called Bloomchic and their clothes always fit.  I also knew that Peppermill would be mobbed and I need coffee and a meal.  I thought about visiting Resorts World but there is really nothing that entices me to go there.  Mike had mentioned TI and I realized that I had not set foot there in a million years.  I tend to forget it exists.  So I decided I would go next door.  The kids were downtown eating PinkBox doughnuts and doing another escape room.  They have the PINK show tonight.

I didn’t leave my room until 11:30 am today and this was the only day my room wasn’t made up.  Mike said their Flamingo room is being serviced daily as well.   I went to go get on the tram to TI but discovered it doesn’t start until noon.  I decided to hoof it.   Omg, did someone move TI???   It seems so far when you are as gimpy as I am.  Finally got there and I was impressed.  The first thing I encountered was a large attractive restaurant with the unassuming name of the Coffee Shop.  I really like that.  (I wish Mirage had a restaurant like that.  Their Pantry closes at 3 pm.)It was huge and very busy. Everything was very efficient.  I wanted to order breakfast but changed my mind when I saw they had Clubhouse sandwiches.  That sandwich had more meat in it than any other Clubhouse I have ever seen. It was $19 but it was so huge it will work for both lunch and dinner for me today. The coffee was delicious and they put an entire pot on every table!  
Another thing I liked about TI is that they had more than one sundry shop where you could buy drinks and snacks etc. Mirage doesn’t have the same selection. 


I got myself a new TI card and I was surprised that I was still in their system.  I wandered around checking everything out, trying to decide what to play. I briefly tried the Frankenstein machine but I don’t like that you have to play three dollars or over in order to qualify for the jackpots.  Next I moved over to a new slot that I can’t remember the name of.  ( pictures of it below) It had a million different bonuses and was super fun when it was hitting. ( As they all are) I played that machine for around three hours.  Unfortunately it is not at Mirage.  Around three I decided to come “ home” and rest awhile.  The tram was running so getting back was a lot less ouchy. 

I went back downstairs around 5 pm to play some more but my Buffalo Lightning Link wasn’t being very kind.  I was betting $2 a spin and you can get some decent bonuses that way.  I was running out of money so I lowered my bet to $1 and the bonuses are not as good at that level.  I particularly hate it when you get a $2 bonus!   That is not a bonus!  I went back to my room at 7 pm tonight.

















No comments:

Christmas Alone

I imagine when you look at this title you might think this is going to be a sad and depressing story. On the contrary, I want to express how...