Is This a Really Dumb Time to be Visiting Vegas? Chapter 3 Thursday October 5, 2023

Thursday, October 5

 I woke up at 3 am again but managed to fall back to sleep until 5 am. 

Yay for extra sleep!

I decided to be all wild and adventurous this morning and finally go visit Southpoint.  And to all the people who have been yelling at me to go there for years YOU WERE RIGHT!

I LOVE IT!   OMG I never wanted to leave.  

It is beautiful. It is enormous.  It is like heaven for seniors!  The first thing I did was go get a players card.  I was desperate for coffee so I decided to try the Coranado Cafe.  I was a little concerned because there was 75 people lined up at the cash.  I asked the woman who seated me what was going on. Apparently it was a bus trip that was supposed to be on one bill but they decided to pay individually, hence the line up.   I ordered coffee, French toast and bacon.  It was delicious and so cheap, compared to the places mid-Strip.

I gave myself a stern talking to. “Don’t plop down at the first slot you like. Survey the entire floor.”  So I forced myself to walk all the way around the place.  I was watching for the Wicked Wheel that has the red and blue devils.  I didn’t find that but I did find a new Phoenix version of Wicked Wheel.  I played that for awhile but wasn’t winning enough to stay afloat.   Next I moved to a traditional Wicked Wheel but the fella next to me smelled awful so I moved again.  I managed to get on one that was nice to me for awhile.
I tried the new Zone Boost version of the firecracker slot.  That was fun.
I was astonished at how many different kinds of video poker there was so I had to play that for awhile too.   No big wins so eventually I ran out of the funds I brought with me.

That place was amazing. Every single person was so nice and friendly. There was someone cleaning everywhere.  So many washrooms!   I played for four hours and earned 4300 points.  I would sure love to earn comped rooms there even though it is so far from everything.

I took a Lyft there at 8 am which was rush hour.  It was a little cheaper if I chose to wait twenty minutes so I did.  It came to $30.  On the way back to Mirage it was $25.  Both drivers were super kind and talkative.  I loved them. They also mentioned that they had no intention of working on November 16, 17, or 18.  So that should be interesting.  Good luck getting around on those F1 days.

I made it back to Mirage around 1:30.  I was trying to talk myself into hitting the pool but once I got in my room laying down for awhile seemed more appealing.

Mike and Terin apparently went to some kind of IT Escape room where they were chased by Pennywise.  Terin loved it.    They are doing another exhibition hockey game tonight.

I went back downstairs to play around 4 pm.I decided to try the pig games that gave me a hand pay last year.  The pigs are not my friends anymore.  I saw a fella doing well on a Buffalo Lightning Link. When he left I took over that machine and it let me play for a long time.  Those are the slots I love.

The Unity rewards were doing a Hot Seat Free Play giveaway every hour.  I wasn’t really paying attention but around 6 pm I heard them announce, “This hour’s lucky free play winner of $500 is Bonnie F!”
I was like WHAT???   That sounded a lot like my name!
I asked a slot person if they came over and spoke to you and he said no, they just put the free play in your account.  And sure enough, I looked and I had $500 in my account!  That was a great surprise.

I was getting tired so I went over to Snacks and ordered some chicken strips.  They were ok but they give you way too much.  I would rather have half the food for half the price.

I am back in the room by 7:30 pm.  
 Late night…ha ha.
From Katy Perry’s show
















No comments:

Christmas Alone

I imagine when you look at this title you might think this is going to be a sad and depressing story. On the contrary, I want to express how...