Is This a Really Dumb Time to be Visiting Vegas? Chapter Two

 


Weds October 4

I had fallen asleep around 9 pm Tuesday night so I was wide awake at 3 am this morning.  I tried to go back to sleep but it just wasn’t happening. I turned on the light and began writing the first instalment to my trip report.

I managed to shower without falling, thank goodness.  I am happy for the one bar in the tub. I ate an apple, got ready and began a slow walk over to Flamingo.  I wanted to give them some decent play to thank them for the room.  Sadly my favourite machine, Wicked Wheel, is not cooperating with me this trip. I gave up on it and went to the sparkly firecracker machine.  It was nice for awhile.  All together I gave them four hours of play.

 Then I staggered back to Mirage and played there from about 1 pm to five.  At one point the kids appeared beside me.  They had walked about 4 thousand miles.  I can’t get over how much running around they do.  Mike took Terin to Hash House A Go Go for breakfast. She was amazed at the size of the portions. The kids continued on their way. They are going to the Katy Perry show tonight.  I returned to gambling.  Wicked Wheel was still not being generous so I tried a Chica Bonita.  I was playing two dollars a spin and nothing was happening.  I decided to up my bet to four dollars and the machine went crazy. Bonus
after bonus.  I know it is supposed to be random but it sure doesn’t seem that way sometimes.  To me it seems like there are winning cycles and losing cycles.
Anyhow, it was fun to win for awhile. 

By five I was really hungry. I had only eaten an apple and a protein bar all day.   I have never liked the burgers at SNACKS but I saw that they had grilled cheese so I ordered one of those.  It was good but not as good as The Henry’s.  I also got an enormous piece of carrot cake that will likely last three days.


And now I am in bed. 
At 6 pm
Even earlier than yesterday. 
Don’t kill me!
I think I am done for the day.

My Mirage room…





The kids at Hash House.



No comments:

Christmas Alone

I imagine when you look at this title you might think this is going to be a sad and depressing story. On the contrary, I want to express how...