The MIRAZA trip…Day Six. March 27, 2023

 As always, my morning was taken up with sleeping and getting presentable.  When I had myself pretty much as good as it gets I contacted Maureen, or as she is known on the LasVegas4ever forum, MammaCat.  She was staying down at Cosmo so I decided to Lyft over there to spend some time together.

Unfortunately the first Lyft they sent me was a Silverado truck.  Beautiful vehicle but there was no way I could climb into it.  Those things sure are high off of the ground and I am not very good at climbing or hopping at this point.  The nice young driver offered to hoist me but I declined.  I asked if he could send me another vehicle and he did.  Thank God the next one was a minivan.  Those I can get into!

I made my way over to Cosmo and Maureen came downstairs to meet me.  We decided to have lunch at the Henry but they were full.  We gave them Maureen’s name and went and sat at some slots and chatted.  They called us in less than a half hour I think.  It was wonderful to have a nice one on one chat.  Maureen was a good girl and ate salad.   I should have had a salad but chose the grilled cheese and tomato soup.  Maureen said it was Dan’s favourite.  Actually it was the best grilled cheese I have ever had!  We yapped and yapped then Maureen brought me upstairs to show me her room and the spectacular view.  Then we both came downstairs to gamble.

I tried a machine or two with no success but then I spotted what I had been searching for, the Wicked Wheel Fire and Ice version.  There was a bank of four of them but I had the only machine that was hitting.  I love that game. I played for two hours but then I had to take a washroom break.  Of course when I returned there was someone on MY machine.  Grrrr. I wasted a bunch of money trying to make the other ones perform like mine had been.  No luck.  I only played for about three hours at Cosmo. Probably not enough to get them to send me offers.  Actually I don’t think I ever updated my address with them.  Oops.

Eventually I gave up and Lyfted back to Mirage. It was around 6 and I was hungry again so I stopped into Snacks for a burger.  I don’t know why I keep returning to this place because I am never very happy with my meal and this time was no different.  Oh well.  At least I was full.

I took a stab at giving Mirage some play but nothing was hitting and I was tired so I came upstairs.

Mike and Terin flew home today and got there safely.

Terin is a baker so she was determined to have a piece of Buddy’s cake before she left.  The kids went to visit the flamingos. I didn’t realize they were back “home”.

Here are a few pictures from today. Maureen, her view, my favourite machine, the crappy burger, when my view looks like through this damn wrap, etc.

One thing I adore about this suite is the ability to turn on the aquarium channel.  It is so soothing.
















No comments:

Christmas Alone

I imagine when you look at this title you might think this is going to be a sad and depressing story. On the contrary, I want to express how...