The AZA trip - aka Plaza. Day Eight

My last morning in this lovely suite. Today I am moving down to the Plaza.  I was up at 5 today so I got my morning toilette over with early.  I still have $187 in food comps here.  I should have gone back to Heritage Steak and had another fancy dinner by myself but I didn’t. I feel self conscious in fancy restaurants all by myself.  I just ate that leftover piece of chicken from lunch for my dinner.  

I decided to have a big breakfast to use up some of the comps.  The Pantry restaurant was absolutely packed.  There are several things going on here.  Something called SIA and a pizza expo?  Some guy ran up to me and said hello.

I said “Where do I know you from?” And he said “ Aren’t you part of the conference?” I said “Uh no but nice to meet you”. Apparently I look just like some lady at the conference.

Even though the Pantry was packed they managed to wedge me in as a solo diner.  I was exceedingly naughty and ordered French toast and bacon.  ( 35 bucks)  I made sure to ask for half and half with my coffee this morning. OMG it was fabulous.  Normally I would bring half to my room for later but I couldn’t pull that off today with the move so I forced myself to eat it all.  So yummy!

When I returned to my room I noticed on the TV that I had $346 in food charges. I wanted to make sure that the $400 food and beverage that Unity had given me was applied.  So as I was leaving I stopped at the Unity desk and they did that for me.  I am not sure if it would have been properly handled if I had just left without doing that. Then I went to the front desk and got a copy of my 0 balance bill.

Next I called a Lyft. Several times this trip I have gotten such tiny cars from Uber and Lyft that I can barely fit me and the walker into them. On one trip my head was literally touching the car roof! So I chose a Lyft Preferred this time. They have larger cars and five star drivers.  I got a huge Mercedes Benz and a very nice man so I had a comfortable trip down to the Plaza. ( Only $14.26!)

My room wasn’t quite ready so I went to play for awhile.  I love playing those old Game Kings.  I managed to get the deuces and replenish my wallet. Then I checked into 1705.  To my dismay I could not connect to the Plaza wifi on either my phone or my IPad.  I have stayed here a million times and never had an issue before.  I was still connected on my phone because I bought two weeks of data in the USA from TMobile however it was quite weak.  That is why I always use the hotel’s wifi because it is usually stronger.  Several people suggested some things that didn’t help so in the end I had to change rooms.  I did that at 7 am and boom, instantly connected.  I don’t know what was going on in 1705.  Just glad it is over.

Back to yesterday….I spent the afternoon on that same old Game King.  I contemplated doing something more adventurous but decided against it.  I saw Jonathan Jossel for a minute and he stopped to say hello.  When I was too tired to play anymore I grabbed a slice of Pop Up pizza and took it to my room. 

I have included some pictures from the day.













No comments:

Christmas Alone

I imagine when you look at this title you might think this is going to be a sad and depressing story. On the contrary, I want to express how...