Day 5 of my Fall 2024 Vegas trip. October 11






I


It is Friday. Moving day.  I did my usual slow moving getting ready and packed everything up into this backpack.  I do find the backpack lighter to move around with but I find digging through all the various pockets pretty annoying.

I said goodbye to my fabulous Fountainebleau room and went downstairs to check out at 11.  I could never manage to get their app to work for me even though I had asked for some help with it at the Rewards desk, so I decided to check out physically.   The lineup in the lobby was enormous so I walked over to a desk that said Invited Guests.  I told them I wanted to check out and they pointed to the huge line across the room.  I said that I was an Invited Guest and they said “ Oh well then, we can help you here.”   I don’t even know what an Invited Guest is to tell you the truth.  I am staying here on an offer.  Does that make me Invited?  I don’t know but she checked me out in three seconds so I trudged off  to Rideshare.  I asked for a copy of my bill to be emailed to me but never received it.

I caught a ride share down to Planet Hollywood where I was meeting up with the kids who are spending the last days of their trip here. I wanted to bring them to the Gordon Ramsey burger place because we had enjoyed it so much on our last trip together.  I used my four comped drinks on beverages for us all.  We all ordered burgers.  Mike and I had onion rings and a Terin got a side salad.  They only give you five onion rings but man are they tasty!  I ate all five before I even touched my burger.  I ate half of my burger because I wanted to save room for that incredible sticky toffee ice cream bar for dessert.  We all loved those but Terin said Martha Stewart’s lemon meringue pie is better. I agreed.  It was nice to have that meal all paid for with my points.  I appreciate the Gordon Ramsey places taking our points on a one to one basis, unlike some restaurants that take double our points.

After we ate I said goodbye to Mike and Terin who were off to see the new Terrifier movie and do something at night called the Magical Forest and Halloveen at Opportunity Village.

I went to get a ride share to the Plaza.
This was the first bad experience I have had this trip.  When I got in I asked the driver to please take surface streets and NO HIGHWAYS.  He looked at me and acknowledged what I said with a nod.  He never spoke a word.  At one point he started to approach a highway ramp and I repeated myself.  I don’t know if he didn’t understand me or just chose to ignore me but he headed for the blankety blank highway anyway.  As always it was a nightmare.  I got to the Plaza alive but a gave the ride a poor review.  The drivers need to be able to speak enough English to communicate. 

Once at the Plaza I was able to check in right away.  It was around 2:30 at this point.  I went up to my room and sent a message to Linda Mary, a fellow Vegas aficionado. I was going to meet up with her and Deby, the Admin from Facebook’s Vegas Downtown Report.  We chose 7 pm as the meeting time.  I was sleepy after that heavy lunch so I just climbed into bed for the afternoon.

At 6:30 I went downstairs and parked myself at a double seater slot that had a view of both PinkBox and the hallway next to Hash House. We located each other and went over to the sports book bar to have a chat.  Had a lovely long conversation getting to know Deby.  As she said we have lots in common.   Linda had to move down the bar to get a functioning machine so I didn’t get to talk to her as much this time. I think we went our separate ways around nine. I went over to my favourite old Game King and played until 11 pm on $100.  I lost it eventually but I love that you can make it last that long!  Called it a night after that.






I














No comments:

Day 8 of my Fall 2024 Vegas trip report October 14

  Monday Mike and Terin left this morning.  It makes me sad.  I know I will see them in five days but it was fun having them around. The mai...