Day 4 of my Fall 2024 Vegas trip Thursday October 10



 


Today began like every other day, me closely scrutinizing the pool activities outside my window.  I have been praising the Fountainebleau for having the deck chairs laid out in a spacious manner. They were staggered and not all crammed into together like some pool decks are. But on Thursday morning, I noticed them putting out stacks of more chairs. I’m assuming this is in preparation for the weekend, so then there was a lot more chairs crowded into the area than there had been. I am not a fan of that. I guess it doesn’t matter since I am not out there anyhow.  Ha.  Also I hadn’t noticed music the other three days I was here, but on Thursday, I could hear music all day. It wasn’t particularly loud or annoying, but I could definitely hear music.

After scribbling my normal trip report notes I got up and got dressed. I decided not to play at Fontainebleau since I was going downtown for the day. I headed for the ride share area which is approximately 20 miles from my room.  After my usual problems of trying to figure out which car is mine the driver waved me over and we headed for Golden Gate.  As always I instructed the driver to only take surface streets.  No highways.

When I got downtown I walked through Golden Gate into the ABC store next door as I needed a few things. I bought some Claritin for my son has he hadn’t brought any with him. It was only $12 for five pills, ha ha. Bought some protein bars as I was running low. 

Then I continued into Circa and sat down at a bank of Mo Mummy machines. I can never get the MO Mummy machines downtown to work as nicely for me as they do in some other places. I ran some money through all three of those machines with no success so I got up and tried a few other slots.  I wasn’t really having any luck anywhere. I was just killing a few hours before the kids were to join me at 5 o’clock for dinner. Also, I like to keep my some comps coming from the D and Circa  in case I need a downtown room besides my Plaza home.  I sat down at a Hot Pots machine and finally got some good bonus and ended up with $360 so I took the money and ran.  

I told the kids to meet me at Vegas Vicky.  It wound up with me being on level two and them on level one and me hollering down at Mike trying to tell him to come up the elevator.  Finally we connected and we decided to go to 8 East for some Chinese food.  I have only eaten there once before and I really liked the rice dish that I got but this time I decided to be all wild and crazy and try something new. Usually a mistake for me. My son was going to have some thing called Pad Thai, which I’ve never tried before, but he said it was good so I decided to try it too. Unfortunately, I was not a fan so I didn’t eat much of it. But both Terin and Michael really seem to enjoy their meals, They like things hot so they kept adding additional stuff to their food to make it hotter.  Yuck!

The highlight of the night was the Mike Hammer show over at the Four Queens. I had bought VIP seats, knowing full well that that meant you’ll probably be part of the show.  I was fine with that. As expected, Mike Hammer made fun of my son throughout the entire show. At one point he brought Terin up on stage with him to do a trick, and he even threw a couple of jabs my way, even though I remained down in the audience. It was hilarious. It really was. We had a wonderful time.

Next, the kids decided that they wanted Halloween themed Pink Box donuts down at the Plaza. Even though I’ve stayed at the Plaza every trip I have yet to try a  Pinkbox doughnut. I decided I was going to try one tonight. The kids both got Halloween themed ones and I got some kind of butterscotch doughnut. Yummy!  Best donut I’ve ever had. After that we went out in front of the Plaza and walked down to the rideshare area. Michael called a Lyft to take us to two different places, to drop me at Fontainebleau, and to take them on down to the Cosmo. 
Michael had brought Terin downtown on three other trips, but only in the daytime, so she had never experienced the insanity that is downtown at night. She was quite amazed by all the goings on, as I knew she would be.  I think she thought some of the circle entertainment quite questionable.  Lol.  We got to see two giant apes.  I find them amusing.

We had a pleasant ride back to our hotels with a friendly driver, who agreed to take the surface streets like I like.  When I got back to the Fountainebleau , I went immediately to bed. Didn’t have enough energy to do any more playing that night. Just for giggles I decided to check the step counter I have on my phone and it said I took 8000 steps today! That may not sound like a lot for some people but for someone who is as crippled up as I am now that’s a lot! Also I took 5000 steps yesterday and 5000 steps the day before that. So if nothing else Vegas certainly forces me to exercise! Lol.

Included down below is a tutorial on the FB shower if you are interested.










No comments:

Day 8 of my Fall 2024 Vegas trip report October 14

  Monday Mike and Terin left this morning.  It makes me sad.  I know I will see them in five days but it was fun having them around. The mai...