The EXMIRAZA trip - day three

 I had a nice long sleep and a slow moving morning today which I really needed.  I had arranged to meet up with Mike and Terin at Ellis Island at 11 am to have some good food at decent prices. I also wanted to use my LVA “ buy one entree get a second one free” at the Village Pub.   The food was as good as I remembered.  I had an apple pecan salad with chicken in it and it was perfect.  I had had that dish years ago and I was very happy that this was one thing that hadn’t changed or gone downhill since Covid.  Mike and Terin enjoyed their meals too.

Next the kids accompanied me as I hobbled over to Horseshoe to give them some play.  Mike and Terin were off to see the Strat, the Arches, Downtown and the Luke Bryan show.  That Terin is a bundle of energy for sure!   I did not have high expectations for playing at Horseshoe.  I haven’t won anything at Bally’s in years.  I donated a hundred to a Buffalo Revolution which availed me nothing.  Then I moved over to the Asian lady with black hair.  Sorry I can’t remember the name.  Anyhow this machine went crazy and was giving me tons of big bonuses!  I was shocked and very pleased.  I gave them three hours of solid play.  As usual the machine went cold and slurped up my winnings but it was a fun day.





At three I decided to start making my way back to Excalibur because I had a show at five.  It took around fifteen minutes for my Lyft to arrive.  I was so happy to see a big car.  So many Lyfts and Ubers are these tiny cars that I have I hard time getting in and out of and often they have trouble shoving my walker in their trunks.  Anyhow we made it to Las Vegas Blvd and it took us an hour to go from the Horseshoe to the Ex.  The traffic was insane.  People kept driving into the intersection and the light would change but they couldn’t move forward.  Everyone was leaning on their horns and taking reckless chances.  Not my idea of a good time!  I was relieved to get “home”. 

I freshened up and then made my way to the Australian Bee Gees show. I had seen them years ago and really enjoyed them so I wanted to go again.  I bought a ticket right up front so that I could enjoy my favourite singer, Michael Clift who portrays Barry Gibb.  All of the band and the singers were the same but for Robin. Either the man playing him aged backwards or they got a new one.  But they were fun and excellent as always.






After the show I decided to play a little at the Ex.  I didn’t have much money on me so I thought that I would only be downstairs for a short while but that did not happen.  I managed to locate four Wicked Wheels but they were always busy, so I sat down at something called Dragon Spin Age of Fire.  Once again I got lucky and got multiple bonuses right away so I got to play for quite a while.  I have a feeling I am going to be getting Excalibur offers in the future.



Dinner is going to be this bag of Cheetos.  $9.95 at the gift shop. Such a deal. 





No comments:

Christmas Alone

I imagine when you look at this title you might think this is going to be a sad and depressing story. On the contrary, I want to express how...