EXMIRAZA trip Day Two

 March 23 Day Two

As usual I woke up at 5 am due to the time change. It worked out well because I had plenty of time to shower and get presentable.  Excalibur has a handy coffee counter at the bottom of the elevator.  It is overpriced but isn’t everything?  I grabbed a coffee and a muffin to prepare for our day.

The first thing on the agenda was a trip to Lion Habitat Ranch. I Ubered from my hotel and the kids Lyfted from theirs..  I had been there ten years ago but I was eager to see it again.  Also my son’s girlfriend Terin is cat obsessed.  She has six of her own so I knew this would be something she would enjoy.   It did not disappoint!  There are new additions since the last time I was there; many birds and Ozzie the Giraffe. 

We all just loved it.  It is a twenty dollar Uber ride out to it but it is well worth it.  Please go and support these gorgeous creatures!

The pacing lion is checking out what his neighbour is doing. The attendant said she was new to that particular enclosure.  The crying child is upset because she thought there would be cubs but there aren’t anymore.

Here’s a video of the adorable Ozzie doing his thing.  I love him!













Mike didn’t wait for the lion to turn around unfortunately.

After we were done at the Ranch we Lyfted back to Excalibur.  For some unknown reason MGM had given me $100 in food and beverage so I took the three of us to the Ex buffet.  As expected it is a good “ middle of the road” type buffet.  We all found plenty to eat.  I was so hungry I  forgot to take a single food picture!  What is wrong with me!?

The young people took off to do various and assorted things.

I had it in my head to walk over to Luxor to use the Konami free play.  Also I was annoyed that there doesn’t seem to be a Wicked Wheel machine at Excalibur.  The plan was to see if Luxor had one but my body decided it was too tired and ouchy to go over, so I went downstairs and played from 1 to 3 here at the Ex. Not winning.  Sigh.  Then I came back to my room and slept from 4 to 8 pm.  The kids were going to Carrot Top tonight and I was considering joining them but I needed rest more.

I just turned on the TV for the first time and I am in for the night.  I have some nuts and protein bars in the room in case I get hungry.

No comments:

Christmas Alone

I imagine when you look at this title you might think this is going to be a sad and depressing story. On the contrary, I want to express how...