Day 8 of my Fall 2024 Vegas trip report October 14

 





Monday
Mike and Terin left this morning.  It makes me sad.  I know I will see them in five days but it was fun having them around.

The main thing on my agenda today was getting packed up and moving from the Plaza down to New York New York.  I had a noon checkout so I just relaxed in the room until then.
I got a super nice Lyft driver who had no issues with avoiding the freeways.  We had a good conversation all the way to my destination.

I checked in online but I still went to the desk and got key cards.  What can I say?  I am paranoid about the digital thing not working.  I got a Spa suite in the New Yorker tower.  I am up very high so I hope there are no fires. I would never make it down all those stairs! The elevator is quite terrifying.  It rattles and shakes and my ears pop like crazy.  But I love the room.  It is an old style suite with one of those gigantic tubs.  I am not sure if I can get in and out of that thing.  I might get in and then have to call security to come get me out.  I do think I could probably soak my feet in it….hmmmm. Maybe I will try that. 

I found the Evacuation Map kind of confusing.  I make a habit of looking at these whenever I am in a hotel, but I would be hard pressed to find my way out of here.  What an oddly shaped floor!

I went downstairs at 1:30 to America for lunch.  I had yummy chicken and waffles.  I know, I know.  I always have that.  I am nothing if not a creature of habit!  I kept one of the chicken breasts for later.

One trip I had good luck on a Wicked Wheel at this hotel so I returned to that machine.  It gave me a few bonuses but not enough to keep me alive.   Then I went in search of Mo Mummy.  They only had three of them.   The one I was on was not very cooperative.   When they bonus a lot I will play for hours. But that wasn’t happening today.  I left the Mummy.  I was getting low on today’s budget when I plopped my butt down at another version of Wheel of Fortune.  And amazingly enough Vanna White rescued me AGAIN!  What the heck?  I love that woman.  After she stopped being so generous I came back up to my room.  It was around 5 pm.  
Spent the evening just chilling and watching the interesting views from my windows.





















No comments:

Day 8 of my Fall 2024 Vegas trip report October 14

  Monday Mike and Terin left this morning.  It makes me sad.  I know I will see them in five days but it was fun having them around. The mai...